Friday, August 04, 2006

Spreading the Word

Looking back, writing a book seems easy in comparison to self-marketing your creation. Publishers, unless you are an established, best-selling author, get your book to print, list it on the major on-line bookstores like Amazon, then wait for the orders to come in.

It is then the job of the author, or his agent (if he can afford one) to drive potential buyers to look for, then purchase his book. The internet is the best tool for this, if one has the knowledge to use it effectively.

I am still in the learning process, but my recent discovery of a site called PopCurrent offers the type of exposure that I was seeking. On the surface, it looks like a place for friends , family, and fellow authors to high-five and back-slap the proud new, and virtually unknown author - and that is exactly what it is.

BUT: It is also a place where many shoppers... Wait... I'll let Popcurrent tell you.

From their site:

*****************

PopCurrent is a new, democratic way for the people to decide what media becomes popular. The rank of a particular media link rises and falls on the front page depending on how may people vote for it -- or against it.

PopCurrent is site where you can:
  • Discover new music, video, podcasts and pictures
  • Submit URL's of media found anywhere online - your own, or someone else's
  • Vote for media - you are the critic
********************

That is anly a snip from their "What is PopCurrent?" page. Take a look at the whole page HERE .

Now go back to my page on PopCurrent and read the comments that some of my readers have added, then add your own vote (Called a "Pop") for Keechie!

They use a verification e-mail to insure that you are a real person and not a spammer, so you must register with them to vote or add comments. They only require your e-mail address for this easy process. I would appreciate your "Pop" and comment!

I still have a few books left for your personalized, autographed copy. You can get one through my Keechie website via PayPal or an email directly to me at keechie@bellsouth.net .

While you're at my website, take a look at the ARTICLES/REVIEWS page. I have been honored by a local newspaper with a very well-written article and a photo of me. My latest reviews are there as well.

Tags: , , , .







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home