Tuesday, September 19, 2006

My Accidental Book Signing

I just got home from a reunion of the "Valley Kids" who all lived in Pine Mountain Valley, Ga. community where I grew up. It is also the setting for Keechie. Luckily, I just 'happened' to have a box of books with me - LOL. I was asked to speak for a few minutes about my book and what caused me to write it.

Then they lined up and bought every book I had with me! 20 in all, and there was no one left out. Everyone who wanted one, got one.This was the best booksigning I have had yet, and it was totally unplanned. I am still in a state of shock, but I can deal with it! I have a scheduled book signing next weekend, and I don't have a single book to take with me... but I ain't complaining. I'll just try to make a rush order. They have arrived in as few as four days before.

My old friends really made me feel special today. One thing I did notice though... they had all grown OLD in the forty years since I had seen them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home